Composition II - English 1102
What can I hope to learn in English 1102?
Upon completion of English 1102, you will be able to
- write from sources.
- organize written information in a unified, coherent style, free from egregious surface errors.
- analyze and produce written, oral, visual, and electronic modes of communication.
- edit papers for style, grammar, and punctuation.
- understand texts and genres across the curriculum.
- understand different kinds of evidence that disciplines use to make their arguments.
- apply theoretical concepts to evaluate or interpret phenomena.
- practice the ethics of language use.
- know that your voice counts.
How is English 1102 different from English 1101?
English 1102 extends and reinforces the objectives in English 1101 but focuses on writing from sources.